We are looking for a Bureau IT Technician in Riga, who would be reporting to (Sr.) Systems administrator in bureau, he/she provides user support, troubleshoot, upgrades and maintain systems. He/she helps to troubleshoot the basic issues with equipment in the bureau office.
- Provides full IT support. The support may include overtime, late shift work, broadcast tech. support.
- Oversees installing, testing, operating and maintaining new hardware and software in the Bureau, supports desktop computers, NLE’s (Non-Linear Editors) such as digital audio & video workstations, laptop computers, printers, monitors, and other general peripherals.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Adheres to and complies with all technology standards, policies, and regulations as outlined by Technical Management in Prague. In addition, he/she complies with local regulations and codes concerning workplace safety and technical/electrical installations.
- Performs other related duties, incl. supporting and operating any other technology used in the bureau, as assigned.
- Maintains awareness of the local broadcast sound environment.
- Gives support, as required, with the introduction and installation of new software and technology in the bureau.
- Strengthens familiarity with new radio editing equipment and audio and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Audition, etc.
- Provides basic training to journalists in computer and software use, as required.
- Records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
- General education (Secondary), mandatory.
- Certification of formal education and/or proof of equivalent professional experience.
- Speaking, reading, and writing ability in English in addition to a broadcast language.
- Two years minimum required in a similar technical position
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Windows 10, IOS, and Android
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn modern technologies
- Skill set and experience to be able to maintain IT systems (hardware & software).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.