We are looking for skilfull Vidoe Switcher Operator for our newly opening operations in Lviv. The Video Switcher Operator supports a variety of TV studio productions - including LIVE broadcasts. The switcher operator is fast, reactive, works well under pressure, and has a solid knowledge of regional current affairs. The switcher operator follows the directions of the Control Room director and show producers, and works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure programs are produced at the highest possible standard. They are also able to multitask - working across various roles within the TV studio control room. The position involves shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24 hour broadcast schedule.
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program.
- Facilitates live inputs and outputs of studio programming.
- Works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure high quality images and audio.
- Sets up lighting and cameras for studio productions.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Works closely with the Supervisor of Studio Operations to react & respond to requests from producers.
- Troubleshoots technical issues, participates in solutions, and reports irregularities.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Specialized education in audio-visual arts.
• Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a live television and radio control room and digital editing.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to act calmly under very real pressure to deliver a clean output.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Understanding of RFE/RL regional cultures, news and current affairs.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports).
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.).
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process.
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry and trends.
- English language (working knowledge), mandatory.
- Ukrainian Language, Mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.